Whether you live in an area that’s hot year-round or just during the summer, you’re going to need a stroller fan to help keep your child cool. Yes, most qualities strollers include a canopy that helps to protect little ones from the hot rays of the sun. And although a canopy will help to keep most of the heat directly off your child, high outside temperatures can still be too much for a small child. Because there’s not always a breeze that can help to bring those high temps down, attaching a fan to your stroller is highly recommended.
So out of the many stroller fans for sell these days, how do you know which stroller fan is going to suit your particular needs?
The best stroller fan is the one that’s going to meet all of your set criteria. Maybe you’re going to the beach and need a durable fan that can withstand the heat and water? Or maybe you’re going on vacation to a place that’s really hot and need some high-speed stroller fans to keep your child cool? Or maybe you need a simple stroller fan to keep your child cool when you take them for long walks in your neighborhood? Whatever the reason, with a little research you’re sure to find the best stroller fan to meet your particular needs.
Keep in mind that children are much more susceptible to heat, making it important for you to keep a close eye on them when they’re out in the heat of the day.
How do I attach a fan to my stroller?
Stroller fans use a strong clip to attach to a stroller, which is similar to the clip used to close a bag of chips, just much stronger. This feature makes it easy to attach one or even multiple stroller fans to a stroller. And because it’s so very easy to attach a stroller fan anywhere onto a stroller, it makes them very convenient to utilize when going out on a hot day.
Are stroller fans safe to use around children?
Yes, stroller fans are definitely safe to use around children. Because stroller fans tend to come into close contact with children, stroller fan manufacturers included many safety features in order to be sure nobody gets hurt. For example, some fans have blades that are made out of soft foam so that there’s no chance of your child receiving any injury even if they reach out and grab it. You can always clip the fan to an area your child can’t reach.
Are stroller fans loud?
Depending on the manufacturer who made the fan is going to help determine how loud a specific stroller fan is going to be. While some parents think the best stroller fan is one that’s super quiet, other parents tend to like the white noise a stroller fan makes, making it a simple matter of preference. Be sure to check the loudness factor if a loud fan is a deal breaker for you.
Are stroller fans heavy?
No, stroller fans are not heavy. The majority of stroller fans tend to fall somewhere in between 8 ounces and 1 pound.
Will they get in the way?
Because you attach a stroller fan to your stroller by using its clip, you’re able to put it anywhere you want on the stroller, as long as the clip fits around that particular area. If you want to keep it out of your child’s reach, you can clip it somewhere high so they can’t touch it. If you want it to blow gently on or near a baby who can’t reach it, simply attach it to the food tray or the strollers frame.
Do stroller fans run on batteries?
Yes, they do. They can also be used by utilizing a USB port, with many parents enjoying the convenience of being able to charge the fan when not at home.
How powerful are stroller fans?
Depending on who manufacturers the fan is going to determine how powerful the fan is going to be. The majority of stroller fans tend to offer one or two speeds, and do provide enough air to keep your child cool when connected to the stroller and positioned in their direction.
TOP 5 Best Stroller Fan Reviews
1. KF Baby Clip-On Mini Stroller Fan, Blue
This stroller fan is flexible, which means you can position it to blow air in any direction you need it to blow. Because the blades are made out of soft foam, if your child happens to touch the blades on this fan they’re not going to get hurt.
The fan attaches to the stroller using a strong clip, so once you put it in place it will stay there. It operates on 2 AA batteries and comes with a charger.
- Comes with a charger
- Attaches anywhere on the stroller using strong clip Fan neck is flexible, allowing you to position the air flow to blow in any direction Fan blades are made out of soft foam Fan attaches securely to the stroller
- Although comes with a charger, it doesn’t come with any rechargeable batteries
- Not as quiet as some other stroller fans Not as strong as some other stroller fans
2. HJIAN 5-inch Clip Fan Portable Clamp
This stroller fan runs using a rechargeable battery, which is included. Recharging the battery is really simple because all you have to do is plug it into a USB port, making it super convenient to recharge no matter where you are. This best stroller fan easily attaches to the stroller by using a large clamp, which means it can be attached to anything as long as the clamp will fit around the area.
This fan offers a lot of versatility because you can set it to blow vertically or horizontally, and in any direction. You can also adjust the airflow, which means you can turn it all the way up to high on super hot days.
- Has different settings to adjust how strong airflow is
- Blows lots of air around, keeping your child as cool as possible Uses rechargeable batteries, which will save you money as you don’t have to buy new batteries Fan plugs into a USB port for easy charging Attaches anywhere on the stroller Can set fan to blow in any direction, making it extremely versatile
- Batteries only last a couple of hours before needing to be recharged
- Only gives about 15 to 30 minutes of use after charging
3. Dreambaby Stroller Fan – Silver/Black
This stroller fan will blow plenty of air on your child, helping to keep them cool in hot weather. All you have to do is find the best place on the stroller for it to do its job, attach it via its strong clip, and turn it on. The fact that it’s flexible makes it even easier to utilize.
And it’s great when it comes to air circulation, which means there’s plenty of air blowing around keeping your child cool. When using 2 AA batteries, you can expect it you run for anywhere between 5 and 7 hours.
It can also use rechargeable batteries, but it won’t run for as long. No need to worry about your child getting hurt if they grab the fan because its ‘blades’ are made out of soft foam.
- Easily attaches to the stroller using clip feature Fan blades are made out of soft foam, so no worries about your child getting hurt Neck is flexible, so you can bend it in any direction to get the air flow you want on your child Runs many hours on 2 AA batteries
- You can use rechargeable batteries, but won’t get as much blowing air time as when using regular batteries
- Foam blades can become detached, pulled off fairly easily
- Battery changes require a very small screwdriver, requiring you to keep one on hand with you at all times
4. Diono Stroller Fan, Bright
For the most part, this fan is a smaller version of the fans most people have had in their house at one time or another. Completely made out of plastic, this stroller fan operates on 2 AA batteries.
The strong clip allows you to clip it anywhere on the stroller, included the food tray and the actual frame. The flexible neck allows you to aim the airflow exactly where you want it to go.
Because the plastic blades are fully enclosed, you don’t have to worry about your child getting hurt. Comes in many different colors so you can match your stroller.
- Super strong clip stays anywhere you put it Fan has a flexible neck, allowing you to position the air flow in any direction Fan operates on two AA batteries, giving many hours of fan use
- Plastic blades are completely enclosed inside the casing, so no worries about little ones getting hurt
- Weighs a little more than other similar stroller fans
5. SkyGenius Battery Operated Clip on Mini Desk Fan Rechargeable 2600mAh Battery or USB powered, Blue
This stroller fan offers 2 features that may just make it the best stroller fan choice that will fit all of your particular needs. The first feature is that it’s more compact (when compared to most stroller fans), which means that it takes up less space making it easier to carry around.
And it doesn’t get in the way when it’s clipped onto the stroller because of its smaller size. The second feature is that it’s more powerful (when compared to most stroller fans). Parents who either live in or visit really hot places truly appreciate the fact that this stroller fan can blow wind speeds up to 75ft/s. The motor is surprisingly quiet for being able to blow at such high speeds.
- Can rotate all the way around for exact positioning Can recharge using a USB port Very compact so easy to take with you on trips, more Smaller size means it doesn’t get in the way when using Has more power than most other stroller fans
- Rechargeable batteries only last between 3 and 4 hours (not too bad, but others can last up to 7 or 8 hours)
- Clip can become loose and fall off if going over rocky terrain
Because of its ability to offer high wind speeds with very little noise, we chose theSkyGenius Battery Operated Clip on Mini Desk Fan as the best stroller fan. It’s nice to have options when it comes to choosing how much air you want to blow on your child, and this high-powered stroller fan has multiple speeds for blowing air. Parents like having choices when it comes to taking good care of their children, and this best stroller fan offers them just that.
Although it doesn’t have a flexible neck like many of the other stroller fans, it can still be adjusted to blow air in any direction. And it’s much more compact than many other stroller fans, making it easy to both store and use them. And just because it’s more compact don’t think it’s not going to give you plenty of air flow. The range of motion is truly impressive when using this compact stroller fan, which can easily cool off any child when sitting in a stroller.
The fact that you can use new AA batteries or rechargeable batteries is a definite bonus, as you have the option to use either choice. Although buying new AA batteries all the time can cost you more money, you can expect to get a good 7 or 8 hours of stroller fan use when using brand new batteries. If you choose to use rechargeable batteries you’ll end up saving some money, but expect to only get about 3 to 4 hours of fan use. Of course, you can use both power methods in order to get the best of both worlds.